Hong Kong Immigration

Contact us

Investment Visa or Employment Visa?

If you would like to work in Hong Kong, you will need an investment or employment visa. Both investment and employment visas belong to the category “Employment”. So, no matter which one you’re applying, the final visa label or stamp will only say “Employment“.

Investment Visa

Investment Visa is for those who would like to set up their business in Hong Kong. They are owners of the business and would like to station in Hong Kong to manage it. You will need to proof followings:-

  • Your previous management experience and to submit a business plan.
  • Personal financial proof and initial capital of the business are also required.
  • Intention of creating local positions is a must.
  • Forming a company and have the business registration certificate ready is a pre-requisite for filing an investment visa application.
  • You will also need a Hong Kong permanent resident to act as a guarantor.

Employment Visa

Employment Visa is for a foreign employee to work in Hong Kong. The company is required to provide a fixed monthly salary to the employee. The position offered should be of a managerial or supervisory level. The key consideration for an employment visa application are: –

  • Relevant working experience and academic background of the applicant;
  • The Employing Company is required to proof that they cannot possibly find a local candidate to fill up such position.
  • A fresh university graduate is extremely difficult to apply for an employment visa.
  • Another consideration for an employment visa application is the establishment of the employing company.


  • Employment as
    Professional Visa
  • Dependent Visa
  • Visitor Visa
  • Training Visa
  • Entrepreneur Visa
  • HKSAR Travel Pass
  • APEC Business Travels Card
  • (HKSAR Passpor)
    Chinese Nationality