Mainland Chinese does not automatically qualify to apply for an
Investment or Employment Visa to
Hong Kong. Mainland Chinese is required first to reside overseas (other than Hong Kong, Macau
& Mainland China) for at least 12 months immediately before submission of an Investment or
Employment Visa application. Otherwise the investment or employment visa application will not be
For those Mainland Chinese graduates who have been studying for degree
level courses in any
universities in Hong Kong, they can also apply for an Employment Visa directly to Hong Kong
Immigration Department provided they have secured positions offered by an established company
immediately after their graduation. They have to fulfill the rest of the requirements for an
employment visa application.
Mainland Talents & Professionals Scheme:-
This is designed for those professional people who have been residing in
Mainland China. As a
normal employment visa application for Mainland Chinese requires them to reside overseas for at
least 12 months, so this scheme is similar to a normal employment visa application but for those
Mainland Chinese who has not fulfilled the 12 months overseas residency requirement.
The Scheme Requires Applicants Possess:-
- Special skill & experience in the specific area which is relevant to the position
- The positions should be of a managerial or supervisory level;
- The employing company is required to proof that they cannot possibly find a local candidate
to fill up such position.
- The key consideration of the scheme is what benefits the Mainland Chinese employee could
bring to the local company & subsequently to Hong Kong as a whole.
- The establishment of the employing company will also affect the application.